Distribuir contenido

Open Jobs at GoMe

177 respuestas [Último envío]
Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ene 12 2008

Leo if you want you can give me access to approve News items, again. I don't mind helping out with that. If you don't want to then that is ok also. It is up to you. :D

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a
se unió: Abr 28 2010

Actually, you should still have the rights, as they're granted by the messenger role. Just click 'Workflow summary' on the right and you'll see any news entries which haven't been approved yet. You can then edit the workflow state on the 'edit' or 'workflow' tab.

n/d
Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Cheers White. I used to have an Administrator link. Thanks for the tip.

Ok I had a look and there are 9 drafts from April and May. Should all these be deleted or approved? Are Irissa, Tanshin and Andros still helping out?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008

The Wall of Honor sHould be deleted since, as Al'Kaera noted, we already have a page similar to that, and I have uptaed it sometimes ago (mmh...and you was there, probaly now it need another update XD)

The other pages are Draft KImails that were never published to the Cavern Criers because of Irissa disappearance, if they bother you there just approve them, after all they are maker as Draft in the titles.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

LOL No they don't bother me I was just curious that is all. Cheers now I know.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Has anyone treid to contact Irissa to see if she is ok?

I have left them there as I have no idea if they need to be approved. Seems like the some of the info is out of date or not usable anymore. I would love to hear from Irssia regarding this.

Oh I saw the Wall of Honour, very touching thx

PS And I cleaned out most of the rejected news posts. On that note when possible are we still contacting to inform them why is hasn't been approved? I reaise some are just duplicates so no need to contact anyone.

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ago 18 2008

I believe some PM's have been left for Irissa, but don't know if anyone has any other method for contacting her. Given the amount of time she's been gone, I wouldn't wait for her approval; we need to move forward, if stuff seems out of date or no longer applicable, go ahead and delete it.

I wouldn't worry about contacting the creators of rejected news posts, this just creates additional work, not only in sending out the the initial rejection notice, but also following up with the inevitable arguments and pleas. Authors of such posts are welcome to contact us if they don't see their articles appearing, at which time we can address their concerns.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Wise words dude for one so young ROFLOL See that's me, thinking we should, out of politness contact these people. But I do see your point and sort of agree when you put it like that. I bow to your alternative way of looking at it.

Irissa. Ok I will leave for someone more up to date with things to deal with those Drafts. 

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

I've approved most fo the Drafts as they were still update, except the Open Jobs. That one shouldn't be too hard to update before next Guild weekend.

I also came across something called "Cavern Sighting report" that people can use when something interesting happens in the cavern. I recall we talked about that,  and agreed it was a good idea. See : http://www.guildofmessengers.com/book/ki-mail-cavern-sighting-report-csr and http://www.guildofmessengers.com/book/ki-mail-csr-form-instructions. They were both marked as "drafts" but to me looked good to go. However for it to work we will need more presence in the Cavern.

So I wondered why aren't we all Criers? It isn't like it is a lot of work with the current silence in the cavern. If you don't feel like it you don't have to do it of course, but if everyone spends 5-10 minutes as Crier in the Cavern when he/she is there, we would be a lot more present. more presence-> more interest-> more people (I hope)

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a

I'm afraid Irissa has left us for good. She hasn't accessed the site for months. I sent her an email recently and haven't got an answer up to now.

If somebody has been absent for that long, they're unlikely ever to return. Well, except for the guy above me.

€dit: Err... The guy two posts above me.

€dit2: By the way, I don't feel guilty. I go on duty three or four times a week and always take care I vary the time of the day to reach people of as many time zones as possible. But I don't think all of us should start to Cry, as that would become kind of a mess. We could definitly use a Crier more or two, though. Volunteers?

n/d
Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

I didn't blame anyone, I was just stating facts. but I (still) volunteer for Crier duty. Which ones are currently sent around ?

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

No I wouldn't make a good Crier as I never know when I can get down. Irregular at best. Plus I can be abraisve at times. Last time the Cavern Criers were run as s seperate identitiy if I recall correctly so for us this was all new and still is to me. I haven't kept up to speed with anything that happened over the last 6 months.

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a

Just for the records, I'm very grateful for Lunanne's offer and have sent her the few mails she didn't have already, as well as given her the CC badge.

And I'll probably be flayed by Lynnutte and her whip for not having asked her first. But c'est la vie.

n/d
Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

and I am happy at having finally archieved FIVE badges which is a perrrfect number  :P

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a

/me adores the number five.

═╦═════╦═
 ║     ║
 ╠═════╣
 ║     ║
═╩═════╩═

n/d
Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Na I haven't seen that whip in sometime now, not since the last time I hide the darn thing.

Oh this guy came back as he put  alot of work into the guild and he let everyone know he was leaving. Wow that was wierd doing that in the third person...too much 3rd personing in Uru I would imagine. LOL

Yep 5 is the magic number, I will start slow and go for 2 please, Messenger and Newspaper. hehehe

EDIT: Good on you Lunanne for stepping up. If my people skills get better I may join you.

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a

Whoops - I didn't see you started as our distributor. Correcting!

/me throws badge

/me has no idea how to tinker together a halfway nice D'ni 2 with rectangular ASCII chars

Err... let's just say I don't like twos.

n/d
Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ago 18 2008

white wrote:

/me throws badge

White, were you willing to help with distribution? It would be nice if the job didn't fall to one person all the time, I know Szark would appreciate the help, as it makes it easier in a number of ways.

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a

Why not? I already have quite a few other chorles, but I can fill in as co-distributor if neccessary. Could anybody (Theremin or Szark) PM me the details?

n/d
Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Details. Yeah I try not to us PM as much as possible for openness sake.

So ok well hummm Thanks for the offer of help but I have said before that I don't need help with this but I am open to let others help. But before I do explian things can I just say that this calls for a committed person who has the finger on the pulse. As Lunanne pointed out on chat the other day "its not hard to post a paper on the forums" I answered yes but you try an get people to do it on a regular basis and when the liaison bit pops up most people become quiet about the issue.

Using this list http://guildofmessengers.com/forum/topic/where-do-we-post-news we post news, newspaper and pod cast annoucements to. The main thing is that these posts pertain to the community as a whole. Major MOULa news comes under this.

You do realise that you will need to monitor the sites you post news etc to for questions that might need answering. It does happen but not that often. Which in effect will make you an unofficail liaiason to the forums you might choose.

Anymore questions fire away

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

white wrote:

/me throws badge

/me has no idea how to tinker together a halfway nice D'ni 2 with rectangular ASCII chars

Err... let's just say I don't like twos.

ROFLOL I like you White you funny...we need more funny.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Welcome to Lunanne in the CC team!!

For your comment about the KImails, yes those two were agreed to be pushed to the Criers, but then Irissa disappeared and Lynnutte isn't that active so I was reclutant to doing things without her, I just keep the Cavern Events Kimail updated. To get the Criers go a bit more we'd need someone more active leading them, so that he knows who's really doing the CC job and coordinates their actions.

Shavonne_5
Imagen de Shavonne_5
Desconectado/a
TranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 7 2012

Hello! I have noticed some parts of the website have not been translated into French. Is this Guild looking for help translating their website?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Yes, I think Lyrositor could need a help with the French translation.

Lyros?

Lyrositor
Imagen de Lyrositor
Desconectado/a
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger
se unió: Mar 2 2012

We always need help with French translations! smiley Would you like to be made a Translator and a Messenger?

Signature

Shavonne_5
Imagen de Shavonne_5
Desconectado/a
TranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 7 2012

I would be glad to help out. :) And yes, I would like to be made a Translator and a Messenger. 

Doobes
Imagen de Doobes
Desconectado/a
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
se unió: Dic 15 2010

Shavonne_5 wrote:

I would be glad to help out. :) And yes, I would like to be made a Translator and a Messenger. 

Done and done! :)